Hire information to rent a car in Iceland:
What I need to hire a car?
- Credit or debit card for booking and the car’s deposit.
- Your receipt,coupon or reservation email.
- Driving licence for all drivers who have held for at least 12 months, often 24.
- Passport and any other personal identification card that the car rental company needs to see.
- Be between 21 and 70 years old. Therefore, if you are under 25 or over 70, you might have to pay an additional fee depending on the car rental company.
Keep in mind:
- Take care of the car size to accommodate space for passengers and luggage. Take special attention when hire your car
- The most car rental companies includes Theft Protection (TP) and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and regular taxes and fees.
- ‘Extras’ will be charged when you pick your car up. Additional or young drivers and child seats for example, will be paid at the moment. Carry on your own GPS could help you to reduce the bill. Be sure to check always the Terms and Conditions for your car rental.
- Please note each car rental companies has its own requirements, so make sure you fullfill all terms and conditions of the service
If you need further information visit our provider Rentalcars help